User segments allow you to target subscribers based on historical and behavioral data. Taking this targeted approach to marketing campaigns ensures you send the right messages to the right people. Read on to find out how to set up user segments with Plexins and turbocharge your Shopify store’s revenues.
Why You Should Use Segments
User segmentation is one of the most powerful tactics used by professional marketers. Plexins gives you the tools you need to implement user segmentation to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Segments allow you to engage specific parts of your customer and subscriber base with personalized experiences, such as Customer behavior or attributes.
- You can make segments as general or specific as you want (ex: Customers with a total spend of less than $100 vs. Customers with a real spend of less than $100 who have purchased your red lipstick, coral lipstick, blush lipstick, and berry lipstick products).
- Segments can help you boost your ROI by making it easy to target customers with cross-sells, product recommendations, loyalty offers, or win-back campaigns.
Creating a User Segment
Go to your Plexins Dashboard and click “User Segments.” You should see a list of pre-defined user segments— designed to measure user value in order to personalize your marketing strategies.
The pre-defined segments are:
- Retain high-valued customers
- High-valued customers who need to re-engage
- Customers who need to engage constantly
- Customers who need to win-back
- Potential Buyers
- Re-engage customers who have placed a first order
- Winback customers who abandoned payment recently
- All subscribers
- New Customers
- Customers who have been lost
Click “Create” to Begin the Process
1. Give your segment a unique name
2. Select Segmentation Filters
Under Select filter, you will be able to choose from some different segment filters.
- Customer behavior
- Customer attributes
- Order Info
- Plexins Info
Select the desired segment rule according to your marketing strategy and complete the required fields.
To narrow your audience based on traits such as location and previous interactions, combine this with other segmentation rules. You can add additional segmentation rules using AND or OR statements.
- AND: Customers who have spent over $50 AND have never received a text from our store.
- OR: Customers who have purchased our Coral Water Bottle OR our Lime Green Water Bottle.
3. Review Segment Size
The numbers in your segment size will adjust as you apply rules. If this number doesn’t look right, double-check your segmentation rules.
4. Click Save
Save your new segment by clicking the “Save” button.
Great job! Your new user segment should be good to go! But if you need help or have any questions, reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.